AudioCompass is the exclusive and official audio guide of the Buddhist Monuments of Sanchi.
Listen to stories from the Buddha’s life and learn how the teachings of the Buddha inspired millions of followers across the world as you tour the complex.
The official, Government approved, Sanchi audio tour was created in partnership with the Archaeological Survey of India, Government of India, and lasts about two hours. Easy to read signs are placed along the tour path to help guide you through your visit. If you’re not using our app, you may rent your audio guide near the ticket counter.
- Foreign Languages: English
- Indian Languages: Hindi, Bengali
- Japanese language tour coming soon.
How to Listen:
- On Site: Rent an AudioCompass device from the Sanchi ticket counter
- Download: Download to your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, iPod, Android Phone or other personal device
- Stupa 1: Witness the intricacies of the engravings on the main stupa, and hear several of the Jataka tales, and learn how these Buddhist symbols have impacted the development of modern art in India today.